Sunday, January 2, 2011

Indulgences for one more day...

Who ever starts their healthy life actually on New Year's Day?!

My daughter had a birthday party to go to at noon - since she won't eat pizza, I fed her lunch before the party and had some snacks myself (cheese stick, peaches, Fiber One Bar - okay, I guess more than a snack, but a small meal). The pizza they had at the bowling alley was made there - OMG, it was to die for. I haven't had real pizza in well over a year - for caloric and monetary reasons (and the fact that my daughter won't eat it), our Pizza Fridays have been frozen for a long time. I ended up eating 3 pieces of cheese pizza! And then one small piece of ice cream cake - I passed on the cupcake as well as the soda (I think it is very important to "track" what you don't eat, as well as what you did eat)

Later in the afternoon I was making Chocolate Drop Pretzels for our playdate today...with the Chex Mix next to me. I definitely indulged too much in all of it. I know that one of my weaknesses is bowls of anything - chips, chocolate, candy. I usually stay far away, because once I start, if I can still see it, I don't do very well stopping.

We had an early dinner (Pizza Friday moved to Saturday) - I did make a huge salad, but threw in the remainder of the blue cheese and bacon bits. But I can now say we are free of cheese in the house. Yeah! And finally, even though I was actually full, I had my second serving of chocolate mousse from the night before. I didn't want to pass it up and I didn't want to eat it at 9:00 pm. So I ate it. I did enjoy it sort of - but I was too full and felt so sick because of it. I hate, hate, hate that too full feeling. Hopefully I don't feel it for a very, very long time.

Needless to say, the scale said 192.0 this morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment