Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Loving Week 4

My son came into our room at 4:45. I was so tempted to turn off the alarm, but I was so excited to try Week 4 of C25K. I can't remember the last time I ran for 5 minutes straight, or 16 minutes during a 31 minute period of time. I need to find better things to think about though. All I can think about is running in Junior high in cleats on pavement, which helped contribute to the stress fractures and shin splints I was diagnosed with when I was 15 and there ended my running "career".

Do I think I have a future as a runner? No. I don't particularly love it. I do love that I can sweat fairly quickly.  But hiking, kayaking, rock climbing, skiing are the things I love that get my body moving. But they aren't readily available. Running is easy, but not easy on the body. My STEP video and my spinning video do both - get my whole body moving and make me sweat. But I am enjoying this challenge of training for a 5K. I haven't trained for anything in 9 years. But do I see myself doing a half marathon? No. A 10K? Maybe. But right now I don't have time to work out for more than 30-45 minutes and a 10K would require more than that. So for now, my focus will be on the next 8 weeks until Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment