Thursday, April 19, 2012

Neither here nor there....

We had to walk away from the house that we put an offer on - the foundation was not straight in one area and they had made attempts to brace it. After we told them we were walking away, the sellers said they had all this documentation stating the foundation had been testing and was secure. We had to tell them 'too little too late - that is what disclosures are for' It killed me to walk away because there just haven't been any other houses even remotely in our price range in the towns we want to live in. Yet we continue to get our house ready for the day we do find a house we love.

And yet we continue to live in limbo about everything - our house is disorganized as we try to organize it - but even then it wouldn't be the way we would want it permanently. And once it is staged, trying to live with it like that and with 2 small children.

With sadness the last race I had signed up for and had to blow off was last weekend - maybe next year. Maybe after this weekend I can start to get back on track, slightly. The treadmill is in its new home in the basement, the mornings are light, I shouldn't have any excuses after this weekend. I hope and pray.....

Sunday, April 1, 2012

I am alive....

It's been forever since I posted, but there just isn't much to post health-wise, because it was been the farthest thing from my mind.

Once we decided to try to move, it's been full steam ahead. Originally my realtor wanted to list our place in mid-late March, but we have too much work to do. We are trying to list it on April 25th. With my husband busy at his new job, the planning has been all on me. But he's been great in the execution department. My parents took the kids all weekend this weekend and we got a ton done. But we still have a bunch to do, so if we can't get contractors in in time, then the date will be pushed out.

Then there is the other side of things - looking to move. The town we want to move to, the town we've been looking at for 2 years, has had very limited inventory so far this spring. The ajoining town, which is much more expensive, has a ton of inventory, but in our price range, the houses are 20+ years old and will need more work in the immediate future, plus the master bedrooms just aren't very big.

We put an offer on a house in our desired town and the offer was accepted. But we found out after the fact that the house is on wetlands so what we would be able to do could be limited plus we would have to go through hoops to be able to do it. We have this inspection this week - we are crossing our fingers that everything goes okay. Walking away would be so hard! And I am not sure if we would be able to move unless something else good comes up - but at least our house will be done so we could move on a moment's notice. I would just hate for Ellie to have to start school part-way through a school year - even Jack for that matter.

Needless to say, I haven't been running since February 5th. I've blown off 2 races already and probably will blow off the one I signed up for in 2 weeks. I hate to do it, but there just hasn't been the time or the energy. I will get back to it. I did pull out my stuff tonight, so after the carpet is in installed in a week, hopefully I can get back on treadmill, and in a couple weeks it should be light enough in the morning in order to get outside again. Crossing my fingers.