Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Catching up and heading out!

After 14 months, the trip is almost here. Two days at Disney World and then we get on the ship. I am not where I thought I would be in terms of weight loss (I've gained 15-20 lbs since we booked the trip). But I am am going to enjoy myself! And when I get back I will try to dive into a healthier me, at the same time that our normal "spring hell" which is what we affectionately call spring sports and all the end-of-the-year activities (school doesn't end until June 17). But for now I need this trip so badly. Leaving on my dad's birthday was not ideal, but necessary. And when we come back, 10 days later will be the anniversary of his death. While I know the grief won't end on May 4th, knowing that I got through the first year in a milestone in my book. I have a another huge milestone sometime in the future - my mother selling my childhood home. I can't even think about that right now.


We visited the cemetery early and brought him some flowers and a homemade cookie, and my 7 year old brought his bug farm to tell my dad about.


Saturday I blew off Weight Watchers (which I've been doing a lot of lately) and ran a 10K with a friend. It was a tiny race and we came in last (it was her 1st 10K and she was doing the run/walk method) but she did fantastic!

 
The insulation is done in our basement, so the wallboard and plastering is next. This area is going to be for crafts and working out. I can't wait!


Off to get some work done and finish packing and then we are off bright and early. I can.not.wait!!!


1 comment: