Friday, July 27, 2018

Checking in - Physical

I suck. Another month went by with no checking in! I know I need to write more to be successful. But if I don't have a good day, I don't want to write about it - Vicious cycle.

But here I am.

I am annoyed, because my new app is no longer allowing me to attach pictures - ugh.

So, where am I?

I had my physical this morning, which 2 days ago I was tempted to cancel. I am so glad I didn't. Weight is not where I want to be (230.8 this morning) - Yesterday was the first time I stepped on the scale in weeks and weeks - Honestly I expected 235+.

I got blood taken for my blood sugar "since I've gained weight in the last 18 months" - Didn't need cholesterol checked.

Waiting to schedule a consult for colonoscopy, which I am completely freaked out about.

Mammogram is after Labor Day.

And I took her suggestion of seeing a nutritionist because any help I can get!

So glad I didn't cancel.

What have I been up to:
June 29-July 1 - My son and I went camping together - we tried to climb a mountain (3.2 miles to the summit) but the humidity got the best of of us so we turned back after 1:30 hours, with 2:20 in total, so still a good hike.

4th of July we hung out at my mom's pool

July 7-8 - It was the first beautiful day after 10 days of heat wave and my son had a mid-day baseball game, but I went hiking anyways! It was 2:30 hours round trip, no humidity, 52 degrees at the start, beautiful views! Such a better day after the weekend before. The first solo hike I'd done in 16 years. And then I had the whole day to myself so I continued on a road trip through New Hampshire and Maine and ended up at the ocean. Great day! And the next day was spent at our friends pool.

July 13-14 - We went to Vermont - Again, were supposed to do a big hike (Camels Hump), but it was raining in the morning, so mid-day we did a short hike (1 mile to the summit).

July 20-21 - Parents Day/Picked up my daughter at camp

This weekend is my husband's birthday so he has a walk/hike planned and then visiting a brewery, but the weather tomorrow is not looking promising.

I can't wait for vacation - my first time every renting a house by the beach (not directly on, but one street back). While I won't feel good about myself in a bathing suit, I'm going to enjoy the vacation!










1 comment:

  1. Kudos for getting out and hiking!!!!

    I know for me, blogging keeps me accountable!!!

    ReplyDelete