Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Happy Hump Day

I have made it 1/2 way through the middle of the work week. Hurrah!

Me and my son continue to make adjustments to our morning routine. The evening routines have been thrown off a little because my husband is prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow - tonight is the worst of it - I'll be sleeping in my daughter's room! But hopefully next week we'll be able to get into a groove, though it will be thrown off a little by 4th of July activities through out the week.

By Monday night I had already turned off my alarm for Tuesday morning! I found myself sucked into a Netflix Original Movie and didn't want to turn it off at 10:00.
But Tuesday night is "Younger" which is on at 10:00 and even though I needed to get up at 4:30, I stayed up until 10:40 watching it. I really thought I would fall asleep immediately, but I tossed and turned all night which I usually do before getting up that early (because I am paranoid of sleeping through).

My running friend took this picture on the way to our run. I know, sadly, that the longest day of the year has passed, and while we have a few more days of longer evenings (by seconds), the mornings have already started to get earlier. But I am really hoping to make this a habit again. We went 3 miles with run/walk 5:1, though one of the intervals I needed to stop before 5 minutes.








My goal is to be able to run 3 miles by the end of July and 4 miles by the end of August, even if I have to slow down my already very slow pace.

Depending on how the evening goes, I'd like to get up at 5:30 and ride the bike. We will see!

As for the eating, I've brought my same old food the last 3 days. I've reverted back (temporarily) to my Lean Cuisine pizzas so I can concentrate on the other aspects of my eating. Today, being tired and hungry, I ate my snack at 10:30 (instead of 11:30) and had part of my afternoon snack in the morning. I forced myself to wait until 1:00 for lunch. Which leaves a fruit cup (normally part of my lunch) and a hard boiled egg for my afternoon snack. Could be a long afternoon!


1 comment:

  1. Kudos for running! I love your goals! I’m slow as molasses but I’m aiming to build speed and distance also. :-)

    So, how did you do this afternoon???? Did you manage the snacks with what you had left??

    ReplyDelete