Monday, September 10, 2018

Back to....everything

I've been thinking about posting since I last posted about my bike ride at the end of July. But life got away from me.

School started for the kids almost 2 weeks ago, but with the extreme heat (which led to 1/2 days) and a 4 day weekend for the holiday, it's been a whirlwind.

But the good thing is that as of September 1st I've finally started running again. Very slowly and doing a 5 minute run/ 1 minute walk method (though have been trying do some singular miles running the whole thing).
I've got a 10K on November 3rd, so I figured starting with 3 miles on September 1st, adding 1/2 mile per week I could get up to 6.5 miles. I also ran 2x last week with friends at 5 am :(
Sunday I couldn't get my 3.5 miles done at 6:30 am, but I didn't make myself go at 5:00 pm to stay on my training plan. It was no humid and almost chilly. Wonderful running weather. Too bad it won't last. But hopefully we will have some sort of fall this year, unlike last fall.



August was a long month - I spent most of it being pretty miserable with my weight. Here I am on August 7th before we went to The Melting Pot to celebrate 4 family birthdays.



We were on vacation the 3rd week of August - here is celebrating my birthday with lobster in Maine. Yum!



I am not a huge beach person, so one day we drove up to the mountains at Sunday River resort. See me pulling the "hide behind my family" tactic :(














Tuesday September 4th I decided to go see a nutritionist to get another perspective (I'll write a whole post about her advice (and not) and what changes I've been making).

I think she had me at 232.6 (and that was taking 2 lbs off for clothes). This morning I was 228.8. Mini-goal is 227. Below that is the lowest weight I will have seen in over a year.

Cross my fingers I can make some positive changes this fall. I've got 2 vacations, 1 in a couple of month, and one at the end of June, that I want to feel GOOD about!
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so behind in reading blogs!!! Life got away from me!!!! Looks like a fun and busy summer!!! How’s the running going??? And I’m curious what the nutritionist said!!!!!

    ReplyDelete