Friday, February 7, 2020

A week of struggles

The work week started out SO well! I was thrilled with my work outs on Monday and Tuesday. But the rest of Tuesday I felt like I was dying.

I don't know exactly what I did to pull muscles in my upper abdomen. Tuesday they hurt so badly. They were swollen and protruding. I felt 12 months pregnant. I wondered if I had a hernia. I couldn't really eat because expanding my stomach hurt, but since Aunt Flo had also arrived on Tuesday (3 days early, thanks perimenopause) I also had cramps and lack of food made my stomach growl. Overall a bad day.

Finally I got into bed at 6:00 pm, yes, 6:00. I thought I would be uncomfortable and have a hard time sleeping (not that I was trying to sleep at 6:00) but lying down fixed everything. My abs didn't have to work so even before I went to bed everything was back to normal. Very freaky.

The weather the rest of the week has been pretty blah - snow and rain and freezing rain. I haven't worked out the rest of the week. But I am okay with that. Can't expect to go from 0 to 7 workouts in a week.

Friday was supposed to be my day to take a Peloton class but then I remember I needed to take my cat to the vet so wouldn't have time to also shower so skipped the workout.....But then I postponed the vet appointment because the weather is still crappy - slushy, foggy, raining but almost freezing rain, and the route to the vet is normally busy anyways, throw in bad weather and it was not something I would want on a miserable Friday.

Eating....not been great this week. I skipped any meal prep on Sunday in lieu of Super Bowl food prep. Most of the Super Bowl food was thrown away Sunday night but some lingered into Monday - perhaps lingered a bit too much into my stomach (hello brownies and cupcakes)

Then we really had no snack food at all until last night when I got some for the rest of the family. We are on a tight budget right now - but wow, junk food is expensive!

I haven't weighed myself at all this week, but I am going to work my hardest to have a "normal" pre-WW day today. It's only 9:20 am. Is it 5:00 yet???!!

1 comment:

  1. Once again, you might not be happy with your week...but I see victories ...first of all you are here posting so you are still in this game! Get to that weigh in...and then this upcoming week make one thing better than last week! You’ve got this!!! Baby steps!!

    ReplyDelete