Friday, April 8, 2022

2021 Quick Recap

 Before we knew it is was 2021 - we were approaching a year. My kids went back into the classroom in October 2020, but only 2 days a week. Remote school was not my kids' friend. My husband unexpectedly lost his job in February 2021, but the year was not lost.

First of all, this was a wonderful way to start the year.


More day trips to Maine - 

Once I was vaccinated I felt more comfortable staying in a hotel and me and my son went to Upstate New York to the Baseball Hall of Fame and Corning Glass Museum.

My husband took a ferry trip to an island off the coast of Maine.


I took an overnight by myself to Maine

My daughter and I did an overnight to NYC for Mother's Day


We got to go to a Bar Mitzvah in June

My son got to go to overnight camp for a month (and was fully vaccinated before he went which was wonderful)

We didn't feel comfortable booking a vacation by plane and I didn't want to just rent a house again so we did a 2 week roadtrip around the Great Lakes and checked a bunch off our bucket list - I had never been to Chicago or Niagara Falls




We rented a cabin in Northern Maine over Columbus Day weekend


And actually left the country for Thanksgiving to drive to Quebec City


And had a pretty much Christmas


Despite my husband losing his job in February he got a much better one in April - in an office, in our town! So the 3rd week of April the rest of my family left the house full time!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment