Friday, November 15, 2019

First work week at home/tracking/WW

Let's start backwards with today before getting into the rest of the week.

I had 7 miles on my training plan and decided to do them today instead of Saturday. I want to get to my WW meeting and then have plans after it and there is no way I am going to go running mid-day on a Saturday. Plus it is only supposed to be a high of 32 tomorrow. Though it was about 25 degrees today when I ran (that is ice on the stream in the picture) I woke up at 5:30 am and drove to my favorite rail trail and nailed out 7 miles, getting home and showered before a 9:45 meetingn. Not very fast - average of 14:07 per mile, but I got it done with no walking. I haven't run 7 miles of just running since August of 2015! And then I was more than 30 lbs less than I am now!



It was been a wild and crazy week! Work has just been insane so I've barely had time to breathe during the day. So thankfully I don't have a commute so that made it a little bit easier, but not much. And then you throw in the mix that my co-worker was out unexpectedly for 2 days so I was now doing the work of 3 people (when I was already doing the work of 2), Thursday my cat needed emergency surgery on his ear yesterday (lots of time and $$$ spent on that) and today I had to pick up one kid from school because she got hurt in gym.

But through all of this I ate pretty well and tracked (as much as I track, though some meals I actually tracked the whole thing in the WW app!). I attribute this good week to a few things
1) It is my first week post-period which is always a good week for me - I feel thin and I feel good
2) I had no junk on the house and no time to go buy anything (ie we are completely out of milk right now)
3) The desire to weigh-in each day and to do that I need to feel good about myself
4) The desire to have as good a run as I could and I know eating well helps that.

While I am not going to outline my whole meals, this is what my breakfasts and lunches looked like

Breakfasts
1) Homemade breakfast sandwich
2) Shakeology with frozen bananas and almond milk
3) Old Fashioned Oatmeal
4) Leftovers from dinner (sweet potatoes, chicken, black beans) but with a tad of vanilla yogurt, a hard boiled egg and blueberries to make it more like breakfast
5) Shakeology

Lunches
1) Leftovers from dinner - chicken, pears, peas, couscous
2) Leftovers from dinner - whole wheat spaghetti, ham, walnuts
3) Leftover whole wheat spaghetti, pre-cooked chicken, veggies, asian dressing
4) Leftovers from dinner (sweet potatoes, chicken, black beans)  but it was a very small serving so I had a Shakeology at 2:00 pm
5) Leftover Barilla+ spaghetti from dinner, jarred sauce, cheese

Now that I know what WWPurple looks like, I will be buying more stuff at the grocery store and doing some meal prep, but not as much since part of what I wanted to be able to do as part of working from home full time is actually make my meals (such as my breakfast sandwich and oatmeal).

I hope not every week was as crazy as this one! I know some people's every day has been like my every days this week and I could never sustain that!

The weekend can't come fast enough - I've still got 1-2 hours left. We don't have a ton planned except some errands in the morning (which is why I needed to get my run in today) and then celebrating my mom's birthday at the Melting Pot (that being the reason I didn't want to run on Sunday). I am going to TRY to be mindful at the restaurant - no alcohol, more fruits and veggies during our cheese course than bread, healthier meats (perhaps not pick any beef), and stick more to fruits during the chocolate course.

And right now Sunday seems like a completely free day! Though I really need to get on making lists for Christmas and start my shopping (I always host Thanksgiving and I make the same meal every year so there isn't much planning involved)

And next week:
Run on Tuesday
Beachbody on Monday and Wednesday
Run 8 miles on Friday
Menu plan better and have enough for leftovers - I am usually an anti-leftovers person, but if I am making good dinners with lots of Zero Point ingredients, then it would be great to have those at lunch as well!

Happy Weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment