Wednesday, November 13, 2019

WW Team Purple

While I've only been to one WW meeting in the last 6 months, I decided to actually read my emails when the new program was announced on Monday.

They've broken it out in to 3 programs
Green - This program has more daily points but less Zero Point foods
Blue --This is the current program from the last couple of years
Purple - This program has a lot more zero point foods but less daily points

After looking it over, I decided to give Team Purple a try! (You can keep changing your plan but they would like you to give a plan 2 weeks before changing)


I really do have the desire to more cleanly so I feel that Purple should be a good option for me. Things that are now Zero Points that weren't before are sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta and oatmeal. While I haven't been eating whole wheat pasta (we eat the Barilla + at home) this would be a good excuse to.

Looking at what I would eat on a "good" day, the things that still will have points are: Milk, almond milk, non-plain yogurt, beef/pork/ham/bacon, avacado, wraps/english muffins, cheese, peanut butter, jelly, salad dressings, Shakeology powder. And of course every.single. junk food I may be tempted with.

I have never been a good tracker (ie actually keeping track of points) but I have been playing around with it to get an idea.

So for instance, I am all excited I can have oatmeal now that I am home (trying to make oatmeal in the microwave at work is just a recipe for disaster!), so I actually had 2 servings (1 cup dry oatmeal) made with almond milk, blueberries, a dollop of vanilla non-fat greek yogurt, and a TB of pepitas = 3 points!


I am going to try to rearrange my running schedule to run on Friday so I can go to my regular meeting on Saturday to hear her talk about the new program. I will not be happy to get on the scale, but that is okay. And then I probably won't go back until mid-January since Saturdays are my running days or we are busy.

We are having tacos for dinner and I've already put my points in - Definitely a heavy point meal despite many zero point items:
2 Joseph tortillas - 3 points
100 calorie guacamole - 3 points
2 TB sour cream - 3 points
1/4 cup Mexican cheese - 4 points

And then the chicken breast, black beans, lettuce, salsa and jalapenos will all be 0 points. I haven't decided if I will make sweet potato rice instead of mexican rice (which I wouldn't eat) or just leave it out all together.

This may actually be too much food for me - I will see! But if not, the 13 points is worth every point to me.

Of course these 2 meals are it in terms of my points for the day (I did have 3 points at snack) and I haven't even had lunch yet! But it could be worth it. Except for the holiday treats I need every excuse not to eat junk food, so if my dailies cut into my weeklies, then I am okay.....for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment