Sunday, September 8, 2013

Race is over....time to get back on track

Well, tomorrow I will. Today is opening day of football and for the first time in years I am deciding to enjoy some noshes while the game is on, but I won't be continuing this tradition. We used to have season tickets to the Patriots, but during away games I always would eat a ton, no matter what time the game was on, and still would eat my normal 3 meals. So it definitely was part of all the weight-gain early in my relationship with my husband.

Labor Day Weekend
I went to my WW meeting - I was down a smidge. Then we went to Vermont for the night. We brought a picnic lunch for Saturday. We had pasta dinner before going to the fair. I had an ice cream later in the evening.
Sunday breakfast was continental at the hotel - I wish I had brought more good foods. Lunch was crappy fair food. And I ate a ton of crap on the way home.
Monday I wanted to try out my Garmin watch so ran a 5K in our neighborhood - it was so humid!


Eating during the week wasn't that great - I had made 2 of my favorite dinners and ate way too much of them.

This Weekend
Friday night was the first night of soccer practice. We had plans to go out to dinner, so I could have pasta before the race. I was way too hungry since it was after 7:00 when we got there, so I had rolls which I don't usually have at this restaurant.

Saturday was the Diva Dash (obstacle 5K). I went to Weight Watchers but didn't weigh in. I had breakfast during the meeting and then a small snack 90 minutes before the race. The race wasn't too bad but it was hot. Not humid, but the sun was just beating down on us and since I was out in the sun for 90 minutes before the race, I was already feeling the affects of the sun before the race started.

I ate like crap after the race - I usually do. I have a hard to recovering from races.

Today I made pasta salad, veggies and dip, and mini sandwiches for football. Only time until the playoffs I will make food to eat while sitting on my butt doing nothing.

But tomorrow is the day to get back on track. No more excuses. Summer is (un)officially over. Bootcamp starts Tuesday morning. Time to start cross-training, to running more than once a week even if that means the dreaded treadmill.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there. I accidentally moved your blog down off my blogroll and haven't caught up...I was wondering where you were. I'm a blonde...

    Sometimes it's good to have an occasion where we just munch and enjoy the day (the football game). Good luck with your running and here's hoping for some really nice weather before the cold sets in. :)

    ReplyDelete