Thursday, May 18, 2017

Too busy to eat badly - can I keep it up?

For a third day in a row, I ate what I was supposed to at work....well, almost!

Yesterday morning I was so busy running around I forgot to eat my banana, or drink much water, so when I got to work I realized my stomach was growling. I borrowed one of my fruits from my afternoon snack instead of stopping in the cafeteria on the way to my desk (another great reason not bringing cash or plastic into the office is a great thing!)

A meeting was called for 12-1, which is allows annoying. I had planned to go home at 1:00 so I could do a load of laundry and cook something for us to all eat later before another crazy evening of activities. The 12-1 meeting went to 1:45 and I had a 2:00 call with many of the people on the call. They wanted to keep chatting but I forced me and colleague off the phone because neither of us had eaten lunch (everyone else was working from home so probably was eating lunch while on our very long call). I didn't have time to heat up my Lean Cuisine pizza, but I had my morning snack (which I hadn't had yet because I also had meetings from 10-12) and some of my afternoon snack.

Finally at 2:45 I was able to run home and cook some pasta to eat between 5:05 and 5:15 when we were home for 10 minutes. The stress was at an all time high, but I didn't cave. In that 10 minutes I heated up a tiny bit of the pasta for myself (and more for the kids) because I had made pesto with some leftover basil and I wanted some. And then I made myself a Shakeology smoothie and out the door.

I really wanted to fit in grocery shopping last night, so I decided to drop the kids so they could do warm ups, ran to the grocery store (it was a medium-light load), ran home, put it away and ran back to the fields. Okay, I didn't literally run, but you know what I mean. I only missed some of the games and we got home at 8:00 and I didn't eat anything else, even though the kids were famished. I didn't have the excuse of exercising to eat!

I had laid out my clothes for this morning, but after a restless night sleep, I turned off my alarm around 3:00. I just couldn't bring myself to run in 70 degrees, 80% humidity so early in the season! I wish I had run, but everyone who did said it was awful.

Scale was way down this morning which means my monthly friend should be arriving (Day 29 today) - I don't know why I also see a huge (like 2 lb huge) dip on the day it arrives. So weird.

1 comment:

  1. I always see a rise of about two pounds on the day my monthly visitor arrives. So crazy how our bodies are so unique!!

    Too busy to eat is always the best for me...otherwise I fight the urge to eat all day!!!