Monday, February 19, 2018

3 weeks away is never good

I am really going to try to figure this whole cycle thing this month. Because I can't get an traction with how things are going.

So where were we when I last wrote. End of January. Superbowl 52 was coming up. Even though I really can't care THAT much if Tom Brady won a 6th Super Bowl (last year I cared - we wanted 1 for each finger; we wanted it for him for his mother; 2 years before that we wanted it because it had been 10 years). This year I just didn't care that much. But I was still a bundle of nerves. And that weekend also corresponded to "ovulation weekend" which lately has been way worse foodwise than PM.

I went to Weight Watchers on Saturday February 3rd - I lost 2.6 lbs. I bought flowers because that is what I do over Super Bowl weekend (ie 1/2 way through winter). Saturday we drove up to the area we are renting a house in August and I got to take pictures on the beach with snow. We went and had pizza and the same wonderful pizza place we are over Thanksgiving weekend, but I didn't go crazy and I didn't eat the rest of the day. Sunday I spent cooking for the Superbowl. We weren't going crazy. I made some healthy stuff.....But then I decided to drink a whole entire bottle of white wine during the game. I stayed up late watching This is Us.

Monday I was hungover and tired and dragging. I didn't make wise food choices. That carried into Tuesday.

Saturday I went to WW and was up by 2.2. But I declared in front of the whole meeting that I was challenging myself with how many meetings I could go to. But then I chose not to eat healthy at all that week - Valentine's Day and such. Not a good week.

But this past Saturday I did go. I chose not to weigh in. But I still went. I don't want to keep using the "no weigh in" because that was part of why I gained 30 of the 50 lbs back while still going to WW. Because I gave up caring what the scale said.

And my period arrived yesterday and even with cramps, my mood immediately changes (we won't think about how in 8 weeks I will be on vacation - you do the math :( But at least that means that vacation should correspond with me feeling good)

I wasn't perfect, by any means, this weekend, but I did try. It is a weird week because my kids are on vacation so our schedule is thrown off a bit. I am working most of the weekend, but my morning routine is different, the evening will be different. I haven't menu planned at all because I am not sure what their plans will be.

But through this all, I have still not bought my lunch. Last night my husband ate my lunch but I just made another. Last week I had lunch with a friend and she needed to buy and I was tempted to myself. So at least I've got that going for me.

This week I've got to start incorporating exercise again. I bought a FitBit (even though I have a Garmin) and I am temped to try BeachBody. Vacation is 8 weeks away - I need my clothes to fit better by then. I can do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment