Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Hump Day Check In

Thank goodness it is Wednesday - I just want this week to be over and I want it to be Sunday night. Why do I let a freaking sports team stress me out??!! Every year I tell myself I won't go through it. The years we don't make it to the Super Bowl I sigh a sigh of relief that I can be done with football for the year. I said last year that I wouldn't care again, but this time I REALLY mean it! I would love 2 Dynasties and then he can retire, but we know he won't. But he should. No way he is going to play until 45. I don't think his wife will let him! I just don't think he knows what he will do when he is done. And if we don't win (And I am pretty nervous that we won't), I still really won't care, because then it wouldn't be 2 Dynasties. It would just be a 6th ring (that and his winning/losing % goes down - Win 6, lose 2 looks much better than Win 5, lose 3).

This past weekend was another quiet one. I thought the weather would be nicer, that we could get to the beach, but Sunday was going to be overcast and not make it to 50 as planned. So we puttered about and my son got a lot of Cub Scout items checked off his list.

But some time during the weekend I ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's (in 2 seatings) - It was supposed to be for my husband, but tween angst caused me to overeat. Not good! We've got a lot more of that coming - I can't let that happen! In addition to the ice cream, I downed a bunch of chips too (these really good Mexican tortilla chips which are 1/2 sugary, 1/2 spicy).

But I got a lot of menu planning done and have had a fairly good week....until last night. I made this Thai basil Beef with Coconut Rice. It was SO yummy - I did add in a some hoisin sauce because I thought it may not have been flavorful enough. I had 2 cans of Coconut Milk in the house - the light one was expired so I had to use the regular one, which did add Points....And I had 2 servings. THIS is so much of my issue! I made things I love and then I overeat. Eating junk (okay, forget about the Ben & Jerry's!) is not so much my issue. Overeating definitely is.

I think I need to start making a tupperware of leftovers when I am dishing out dinner. But I don't tend to like leftovers. And I can't track leftovers quite as well (I have such a hard time tracking dinners I make for the family).

I didn't weigh myself this morning because I knew with the 2 helpings and soy sauce it wouldn't be pretty and I have a pretty stressful day at work planned. I didn't need this extra stress!

I've got 3 days to make up for the mistakes of the week.

Tonight we are menu planning for the Super Bowl - Every year I tell myself not to eat anything because I can't eat because I am so nervous - Though with the game being at 6:30, there is no real reason to eat during the game.





1 comment:

  1. I hhear ya...stress eating is tough for me to break!!! Ok all versions of over eating....lol. You know what you did though...so you can correct and move on!!!

    ReplyDelete