Friday, June 6, 2014

I forgot how much I weighed!

Thursday morning I woke up, used the bathroom, and weighed myself. A typical morning. 186.4. I got into bed - I was grumpy. I had had tacos the night before. I hadn't gone crazy. I was convinced that I had gained 2 lbs since the morning before. For some reason I thought I weighed 184.4, not 187.2. When I realized that, which took until I went downstairs to log in my weight in my spreadsheet, was I happy.

I just want the 10K over. I don't think I have ever been this nervous about a race. The hills are just so daunting to a 'train-on-a-bike-path' girl. And for it to be 1.22 miles longer than my longest race. But I will do it and hopefully finish. Time doesn't matter.

Of course TOM showed up again at 24 days. Third month in a row. I had been 28 days for years (of course when I was trying to get pregnant it was 32 days). So for the 2nd time in 3 months, I will be racing on the worst day of the month. And a longer race to boot! At least this race I will have a car sort of near by, so I won't have to be running with or gear checking any supplies :)

I think part of the reason I am eager to get this race over is I want to concentrate on losing weight, at least just for a month before I start 1/2 training on July 6. But I've got so much going on in the next few weeks: work stress, end-of-year stress, last day of daycare ever (!), weekend away, birthday party to plan and execute, new project at work. So much new stuff and I just so badly want to loose 4.4 lbs!!!! But right now I will take 1.2 so I can have a BMI under 30!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment