Monday, August 23, 2010

Finally Forty!

I am feeling okay about it. I would be feeling better if I hadn't been on a downward spiral for the last 2 1/2 weeks. But I am feeling better prepared this week and hopefully within a week I will be back below that coveted 200.0 mark.

I am breathing a sigh of relief at the annual '3-IN-3' is finally over. 3 birthdays in 3 weeks. My husband's, my daughter's, and mine. He and I agreed that next year, he and I would get 6 cupcakes for our birthdays and my daughter (who turned 4 this year) will have a real cake. I like cake....every once in a while. We are definitely burnt out from cake this year.

I don't feel the spring in my step I did 2 1/2 weeks ago when I thought I may have made my 10% this past week (instead I chose not to get weighed in, though I did attend our At Work meeting). I have felt sluggish and gross. I want that spring back! It is such a high!

But one thing I did do was put all my IX shirts in the 'To Be Donated' pile. I hadn't worn them out of the house for a while. They were left over from the 'I am pregnant but don't want to wear maternity shirts yet' and the 'My boobs are still so big from nursing that XL shirts won't fit yet'. Despite having weaned in November, it wasn't until June that I could fit back into XL shirts. The IX shirts have been PJ tops or lounge-around-the-house shirts. But I don't like how they look on me so off they went.

I armed myself well for my husband working late again this week. Last week I was unprepared for how much he'd be home late, so I ditched the planned menus, made the kids 'kiddie food' and ate what I wanted each night for dinner. But this week I bought some Lean Cuisines so I can eat at the same time the kids are and no eating after 6:30 pm.

The birthday is over. Fall is around the corner. Time to get back on the bandwagon. My 10% and the shortly there after my 25 lb charm are not far away. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment