Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Clothes shopping

I haven't liked going clothing shopping in a long time - probably since I got married over 5 years ago. Even then I didn't like shopping too much because I was shopping for size 14 and L shirts. Now I can dream about fitting into those clothes again. I had so much fun because for the first time in my life I was shopping for girly clothes. Cute little numbers to wear for my bachelorette weekend, for our wedding weekend, and most important, for our honeymoon in Hawaii.

But sadly those clothes didn't fit for long. I think I was 184 lbs when I got married. By the time I got pregnant 6 months later I was 206. I think I was back in the size 16 pants, but quickly had to put on size 18 before going to maternity clothing.

Now, at 199.4 (yeah for seeing less than 200 again!), I am a size 18W, teetering on a size 16W. I can't wait to throw away all the size 18s. I recently donated all my IX shirts (which never really fit me well anyways). I want to dive through the 16s and get back to the 14s. But who knows when that will happen because of the baby-shifting-fatness. Of course exercise would help. I know it would!

Ever since I had to wear suits back in my mid-20s, I've usually dressed as casually as I can get away with at work. Even when I was thin, button-up shirts were never comfortable to me. I prefer v-neck collar-less shirts. Or even dresses (but I don't wear them now because I feel like they look like maternity dresses).

But as we look for clothing this weekend for our whole entire family, I am going to attempt to buy some pieces that are a little more dressy. I am starting to feel better about myself, slowly, and since I don't have to worry about spit-up anymore, I think it is time to step it up a notch with my work attire. But sometimes that is easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment