Thursday, June 2, 2011

Stress of tornados

I live in New England and while we have our share of weather, tornados isn't usually one of them. I left work early yesterday when I heard there was a threat of tornadoes. I quickly picked up the kids and literally had to run into the house with them, lightning everywhere. We packed stuff up to go to the basement, but looking at the tv, that cell was going to miss us. So we unpacked everything and then watched the devastation to the southwest of us. But then around 8 pm another cell started forming that would directly hit us. During all this time we did eat dinner. The kids were running around so I ate my son's dinner. Then nevously ate leftover snacks from our trip. Absolute stress eating to the max.

We did go to the basement, which required waking up the little one, so the kids were not in bed, asleep until almost 10 pm. I crashed and set my alarm for 5:30. And I did wake up!

I planned on walking another 5K since I don't have to go into the office today. But my ipod wasn't working - it was on the fritz, not just dead. Oh no! I couldn't bear to think of walking for an hour with no music, so I decided to try Week 1 Day 1 of Couch to 5K which I had put on the treadmill. I did a 5 minute warm up, did intervals for 20 minutes (I need to look on-line for the directions because I was a little unclear if the 20 minutes was supposed to include the 5 minute warm-up) and then I walked for another 5 minutes for a total of 30 minutes.

5 minute warm up - 3.0
Running - 4.2
Walking - 3.2
5 minute cool down - 3.5
--------------------------------
30:05 , 1.75 miles

Not sure how much I will continue with running - My body has reacted adversely to running in the past. But I loved that I only worked out for 30 minutes. I need my cardio to be 45 minutes or less - I really just don't have the time for 60 minutes, and walking 60 minutes you just don't get your bang-for-your-buck.

I don't weigh myself on days I work out, so I don't have a weekly weigh-in. Yesterday I was 195.8. Today is my daughter's pre-K/preschool graduation so she has requested spaghetti for dinner (and I am making garlic bread which we haven't had in ages) and she wants to go out of ice cream instead of having a cake in (which is good because it is less expensive and there won't be any leftovers).

No comments:

Post a Comment