Friday, November 1, 2013

Not hopeful for weigh-in, but positive changes...

I keep trying to tell myself that it will be okay if there is a gain tomorrow morning, because the scale isn't the end all of predictors.

I truly believe that lack of sleep and stress (even if it is just being excited for a sports team) keeps the weight on. This week has been a wild ride, next week should be more calm - though TOM will arrive next week too.

I have made positive changes at work. I brought in my exercise ball to work and sit on it about 5-6 hours out of the day, and I've been setting a timer to make sure I get up every hour for at least 5 minutes.

I chose to not have ANY Halloween candy and so far, so good. There are people out there that say I am depriving myself and it will backfire, but believe me, I have had my share of Halloween candy in my life, one year of deprivation will be okay!

Last night we went to the neighbors house for dinner where I had 3 pieces of pizza (on the thin, thinner side) and 2 helpings of salad and didn't have any alcohol. I didn't eat any candy while handing it out and I made sure to hand it all out so no leftovers for us. When we got home, the kids sorted their candy (my 4 year old didn't go out too long so he didn't have much), we put his in a quart size bag (not full) and we took a representation of all types of candy for my daughter - she had more than fit in a quart size, but the gallon bag is no where full. My husband put away some candy for himself and I gave him the rest to take to his work. And then I had him put all the candy away above the refrigerator where I can't reach it. I am not saying I won't have ANY this weekend, but it will only be by asking him.

So I am not getting discouraged by the scale being a 1 lb higher this morning than it has been in 9 days, but I'll just get through the day and move on.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you have been very successful lately! I'm very impressed with your candy plan - good job!! :)

    ReplyDelete