Saturday, March 15, 2014

Weekly Weigh-in #16

Starting Weight (12/1/2012): 232.2
Last Week: 191.0
Current Weight: 192.8
Change Since Last Week: +1.8
Total Change: -39.4
Height: 5'6"
Goal: 149


I am actually pretty surprised that that gain is only 1.8, seeing that Friday morning the scale said 194.4.


I decided prior to dinner last night that I wasn't going to go to Weight Watchers this morning, because I wanted to try to fit in a run before I have to leave at 8:30. I am mad at myself for not getting in any exercise this week since the race on Sunday. I NEEDED it this week. It was just kind of a crappy week.
.
I am really beginning to think that I am more eating issues around ovulation time that PMS time. I was feeling bloated and cranky, which resulted in more eating. I left work early on Tuesday because I felt nauseous, so to get over that nausea I ate carbs like crazy, like I did when I had morning sickness (no, I am NOT pregnant :) ).


This coming week will have some challenges. My parents are coming over tonight to celebrate my son's 5th birthday. Then we have his party tomorrow at lunch. And I made enough cupcakes so we can still keep celebrating on his actual birthday on Monday.


But I am going to try to stay in control this week. A couple of cupcakes shouldn't undo the whole week.


My son turning 5 is bittersweet. I am definitely ready to be done with the daycare payments, but my little boy is going to Kindergarten in the fall. I registered him on Tuesday. And then the "sadness" that 5 years post-partum, I am still struggling with my weight. Sure I am under my pre-pregnancy weight. But the fact that 3 years ago I had hit the magical "I am not longer obese" number and 3 years later I am not back to that. But I can't dwell on that. I've just got to keep moving. Literally.


It has been "newbie" week for Runner's World this week and a lot of talk about how people started running to lose weight.. Which is kind of funny because I don't run to lose weight. I feel like I gain weight when I exercise more. I run because I love how it makes me feel. And yes, it makes my legs look better :)


So I wait here for there to be a little more daylight so I can head out for a run. It is supposed to be warm today, but only for today. This weather has been awful. Someday it will be spring (technically on Thursday) - I don't remember there being this much snow on the ground this late into March. Yes, we've had large March storms before (even last year), but they don't stick around. We are all so ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment