Friday, March 4, 2016

1 race down, 2 to go....

The struggle continues and continues - While the pre-dinner/dinner eating is fairly under control, it is only because it has been replaced with afternoon (or even morning eating) which is even worse because those times I am not hungry, it is all stress.

I had a race last Sunday. It was a 3 mile race, and the 1st race of a 3-part series. I did this race 2 years ago. I was supposed to do it last year, but the snow postponed 2 of the races to April.

I ate like crap the week before and went out for Mexican the night before. I usually never go out the night before a race, even for pasta, because restaurant food is so salty, but we had a family night planned so that was the choice of the family.

I also hadn't run at all - like none since February 3rd. But I figured it was only 3 miles, I didn't have to race it, the weather was supposed to be beautiful, and there were a bunch of ladies from my running group going, so I went.

I ran 1:40 slower than I did 2 years ago which I am okay with. There were more hills on the course than there were 2 years ago, so I am okay. What I am not okay with is the post-race picture. Ugh. It comes close to my "before" picture from November 2012 when I was 20 lbs heavier than I am now. I do realize I am squinting in both pictures, but all I can think of is my eyes are smaller because my face is so heavy.



But did I use the picture to do better this week? Not so much. I came home mid-day Monday and had too much to eat. I had brought my lunch Tuesday but had lunch with a friend and bought instead (including a 12-oz soda). I didn't run at all this week. Here I am working from home and hoping to eat normal. And I will have pasta Saturday night for dinner, even if it is at a restaurant because I've got 4 miles to do on Sunday.

This past weekend was nice (hence the short sleeve shirt in the race picture) but this week has been cold. But Spring looks like it will be re-appearing next week, so definitely something to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the reappearance of the warmer weather will make all the difference in your motivation!!!!!! I know it certainly helps mine!!!

    ReplyDelete