Monday, August 1, 2016

August is here.....

After being pretty out of control the last few weeks, I decided I needed to step on the scale this morning (TOM is almost here, so I figure that is a good time as any to have a "1st weigh in") - 223.8. Awful. How did I gain 7 lbs this summer?! I know I did - my clothes are really, really uncomfortable lately, which is a lot of what is prompting me to finally make a change. I am less than 10 lbs from my starting point, which means I have regained more than 40  lbs in less than 2 years. God awful!!

August will be a challenging month since I very busy and away a lot, but there are a lot of "normal" days in there. So my goals for August are:

1) Not to buy lunch at work at all - I've been buying pretty much every day and I realize I've been buying because I've been back on a Coke kick. And 12 oz regular cokes. So, as much as it pained me, I bought an 8-pack of the 8 oz cokes at the store - So I still have my Coke fix, but not all the extra calories of buying my lunch, and it is 4 oz less. And I plan on weaning myself off of it at some point.

2) More sleep - hopefully by 10:00 each night. I've been up late (11-12) binge watching shows and ready trashy books for months it seems. I need more sleep!

3) Try to get more steps in - at least wear my tracker. I wore it today - I've been in meetings all day so I really haven't gotten many steps in, but wearing it is a small step.

4) Back to daily weigh-ins, no matter how bad I think it may be

5) More water

I know there is a big thing missing here. Running. I don't know what I will do in this area. I know I should get up 2 days a week, but I also know it is easier to kick-start the weight loss if I get more sleep. I shall see.

I NEED TO DO THIS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment