Thursday, August 18, 2016

I am still here.....

But having a really hard time. But I will start with the good news - I got up at 4:30 am this morning and RAN (and walked :( ) - It was HARD even though it was fairly cool and not too humid, but it is dark :(  There was a full moon out when I got up and it was fairly light by the time we finished, but knowing the days are getting shorter is hard.

I could have run the full 3.1 miles if I hadn't been chatting - I ran with a friend whose been recovering from knee surgery - we haven't seen each other in months. But my endurance is no where near what it was, so I can't run and talk like I used to.

I was all over the place trying to identify what my near-time goals are. I just really don't know. Part of me wants to go back to just running 1 a week (and doing 6-7 miles on Sundays) but I know I need to exercise more than 1x a week. I have a treadmill in my basement, so I could get up at 5:30 (a whole extra hour of sleep!) but the treadmill is just god awful!

I officially changed my goal on Runkeeper from 400 miles this year to 250 (to which Runkeeper told me that was being too agressive) - But I am going to stick to it.

But in the meantime we are trying to get off on vacation and work is crazy, but when we come back we can finally put our house back together (which will mean getting the rest of the stuff out of the garage and finally being able to park in there after 7 months of driveway parking!!!) and back to school routines will be in full force. And new routines for kids means new routines for me (like another New Year's) so I am excited. But in the meantime I am excited for vacation!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment