Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Happy Hump Day

The end of school and vacation (1 week for me, 10 weeks for the kids) is so close I can almost touch it, but I've got so long to go before I can officially say I am on vacation.

Monday was my daughter's elementary school graduation. Then I immediately had to go to work for a client meeting - I drank 8 oz of water in the 5 hour meeting and didn't get any steps in. Dinner was every-man-for-himself.

Tuesday was a crazy work day which meant lunch in the cafeteria. I consciously brought my debit card in hoping I'd get to have lunch with a co-worker, but instead I just grabbed my normal and kept on working. Last night's dinner was Tacos - probably the last Taco Tuesday for a while.

Today I chose to work from home. My daughter has softball tonight (last night if they lose - is it bad to hope they do so they don't have to play at 6 pm on the last day of school?!). Father's Day cards aren't made, coaches Thank You cards aren't written (Thankfully the teacher and bus drivers are, so that is a good thing). So much laundry needed to be done and put away. The dishwasher needed to be run and put away. And so, so much work to do. I did a pretty good job at a lot of it. I just need to get the kids to clean the gerbil cage and make Father's Day cards when they get home from school. I won't let them do the "but our brain is hurting from school" excuse to chill when they get home because we know they are doing NOTHING at school this week!

I also did a pretty big purge of the pantry/fridge/freezer. Not a lot of bad stuff, just some outdated stuff. I know I've been saying this for years, but I really hope to cook with all the stuff in my pantry this summer. I NEED to make different things.

And I was able to say to myself "I am not hungry, I am just stressed" this afternoon when I was looking aimlessly at the pantry.

I weighed myself this morning for the first time in a while (not good when I don't remember when it was) - 221.6. Some due to Taco Tuesday, some to do impending monthly visitor, and some due to the fact that I've just not been good lately. I really, really need to buckle down and get deep into the 210's before we go on our big vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment