Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Clothes shopping in my closet

Before our shopping adventure this weekend, I decided to take inventory of what was in my closet (and the bins in the attic) - So much I had forgotten about! I was annoyed with myself at all the XL summer work shirts I found. After spending a summer hating my wardrobe, I could have been so much happier had I remembered all these clothes.

I was pleasantly surprised by how many XL shirts I do have for fall - I need to try them on this week to see how they fit on the post-child #2 body. I will get a few more pieces, but thankfully my wallet will not take as much as a hit as I had originally thought.

What is lacking is the pairs of pants. In my house, I have pants from size 18 to size 8 - granted in size 8, 10 and 12 I only have a couple pairs of jeans that I have saved. And I have a few size 14 and 16, but not enough to last me through the weight-loss so I will have to buy my staple clothing (khakis and black pants) to get me through.

I brought up all the Size L summer shirts as I will not need them until next summer (I could dream that they would be too big next summer) but I left them readily accessible to try on when I am ready. So many honeymoon items - How I missed them! But again, hoping that by next summer that size 14 and size L will be too big.

So last night was about organizing - tonight will be the actual trying on. Now that I finally have a full-length mirror in my house, I can get an honest look. Could be a good thing, could be a bad thing.

So what is left in my closet:
Hanging: Size 18 pants and size XL shirts
On the top shelf: Size 16 pants (with a couple of size 14 underneath and size 12 and size 10 jeans hidden there too) and size L winter shirts.

What is in the attic:
Size L summer shirts
Size L work out clothes/hiking clothes
A smattering of size M shirts, even a couple size S shirts!, and a smattering of size M/8-12 shorts and pants

I will fit into these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment