Friday, October 15, 2010

Thankful for Friday

I so easily could not have gotten out of bed this morning to work out. I had gone to bed  a little later than expected last night, it was raining, it was dark, it was cold (we haven't turned our heat on). But I made myself do it and I am happy I did. Also, I feel like a chest cold is coming on, which in the past would have stopped me from working out, but until I feel horrible, I am going to work out - my lungs actually felt better.

I continue to resist doing anything except walk on the treadmill. I was for 45 minutes and average 2.25 miles. The max I walk at is 3.2 miles per hour. But in my hey-day of working out I did walk on the treadmill at between 3.5 - 4.0 miles per hour. But I need to start doing more - I need to do intervals on the treadmill, or do it at an incline, or start doing videos or the bike. Soon. I keep telling myself. I will do it soon.

But I also didn't do very well at breakfast this morning. For 2 1/2 years I have worked from home on Fridays, but now that I am on new clients, I am not sure if I will be able to. Plus I had to come into work this morning. In the past I haven't had breakfasts from the cafeteria but of weigh-in on Thursday. But since I am here on a Friday I felt compelled to get my breakfast sandwich AND yogurt parfait (vanilla yogurt, granola and strawberries and blueberries). I can't do this every Friday. But I will allow it once a month. I just need to keep on plan for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment