Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday run

I "ran" 3.11 miles in 41:30 this morning. Not bad since I didn't run for 3 1/'2 weeks and this was my first time outside since not being sick.

The first 1.6 miles were fairly easy - though the beginning of my route is downhill. I did it in 17:30.

After 1.6 miles I was so hot (it was 35 degrees when I started), so I walked and took off my hat, gloves, and pullover. Then I tried to run hold the stuff - all stuff that beginners have to figure out. Finally I realized I could stuff my hat and gloves in my pullover nad tie it around my waist. I then walked until 25 min/1.9 miles and did a very slow jog the last 1.2 miles. There was tons of traffic, I stepped in a puddle, and there were headwinds. But I limped along.

I think Sunday I will drive to the bottom of the hill and start going uphill since that is what my race is like.

I am not sure what I should do next Tuesday/Wednesday (race is Friday). I would like to get outside Tuesday even though it will be pitch black and maybe do a nice walk on Wednesday with maybe a couple of sprints?

I really wish I had had more time to train and then I am not sure what I will do in terms of runing outside after the race. The headwinds made me realize that no way I am doing the Jan 1 race that is along a river!

No comments:

Post a Comment