Thursday, June 20, 2013

Back to running!

I had 3-4 hours to myself this morning, so what did I do - I ran! I drove up to the flat, shaded, rail-trail I've been running on with my friend. I did 4.25 miles in 56:10 - I only walked for about 30 seconds when I turned around. I actually ran 2.25 miles out, so ended up stopping and walking before I got back to my car. Since my last outside run, 18 days ago, was 3.65 miles, I figured pushing myself to 4.5 was probably too much.

I did start out too fast - I started running my 12:30 pace, thinking 'oh, maybe I can keep that up for 4+ miles' - Me and my friend run slower than that, but we are also talking. So the run back was definitely harder and slower.

Running is so much mental. I listened to a different playset - a fun playset I have of mainly wedding dance music, so the beat was definitely better than I've had in the past. I don't really like modern music, so a lot of the playlists I see on FB and Pinterest are not songs I really want to run to.

I am going to try to get out for another long run on Sunday - my friend's brother is getting married on Saturday, so this will be another solo run.

The scale this morning was only 4.4 lb above 2 weeks ago - If I show a gain between 3 and 4 lbs on Saturday, I think I can live with that. My hope would be to be back to my WW 10% by the 6th of July. But me and goals usually aren't great!

We got our umbrella for our deck yesterday, so the deck is finally complete, and we've got a nice stretch of weather ahead, so lots of dinners al fresco! I am going to get lots of fruits and veggies at the store to bulk up on those instead of carbs. I don't eat a ton of meat, but I do want to experiment with lots of recipes this summer. And force myself to eat small portions - that is the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment