Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Woke to work out - not running!

My obstacle race is 10 1/2 weeks away - I was originally going to start training last week, but that didn't happen, so I said this week has to be it! Instead of 3 weeks per routine, I am going to do 5 weeks.

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Strength training - this morning was weighted squats, push ups, bent over row, lateral raise, bench press, upright row, tricep kickbacks, curls, crunches - The strength training is done in pairs, so you alternate sets of 2 exercises
Wednesday - planks, intervals on the treadmill, abs
Thursday - Strength Training - lunges, push ups, squats, shoulder press, more squats, core work, tricep dips, curls, abs
Friday - some sort of cross training - this is my own workout - the training plan is only 4 days, abs
Saturday - Agility workout - going to create an obstacle course in the backyard. Should be fun to do. Just not sure what time I will do it. With my summer schedule, I have to go grocery shopping after WW and when I am done, the backyard may already be sunny, abs
Sunday - Long run, again, this is my own work out, not part of the training plan - not sure if I'll be able to get in ab work

To have a schedule, to have something to check off, motivates to get me out of bed. I miss strength training. I did a 5 minute warm up on my bike which felt great - I need to pump up the tires and adjust it some.

Can't wait to do some planks and intervals tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment