Wednesday, April 30, 2014

32.88 miles in April

My monthly numbers just keep going up and up. That is 82.88 miles for the year. Chump change for people doing spring marathons or even spring 1/2 marathons, but huge for me!  Getting in 1-2 runs during the week definitely helps with the mileage.

Being a complete number nerd, part of me was tempted to get in 2.12 miles today/this morning to make it an even 35/85, but I ran yesterday morning and it is raining today. Hopefully I'll get in a run tomorrow morning to start off May well.

Tuesday morning my husband had to get up at 4:30 for work (hello people in China), so I figured I might as well get up and run. It was a very, very slow 3 miles - I was still sore from Sunday. I am still trying to figure this more-than-once-a-week running thing out.

Originally I thought I would run Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, but I think I am going to go back to my C25K schedule and do Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. I am okay with a pokey run on Tuesday - I just want me legs to be fresher for the long runs on Sunday. Especially since I think Thursday will eventually be hills/speed, if I ever get the guts up to do it. I did a few strides yesterday towards the end of my run, which were fun, but I am still scared of hurting myself.

The BAA 10K registration opens up tomorrow. A bunch of people are asking me if I am going to do it. It is the day after my obstacle race in June, so I think I am going to pass. Maybe next year I will do the whole distance medly (5K in April., 10K in June, 1/2 in October). I want to do the Tufts 10K this year, which is the day after the BAA 1/2.

So for now, with no real race until June 7 (my first 10K), it is just about doing the miles. I would love to try to get in 12-15 miles a week (3-4 twice during the week, 6-8 on Sunday). I also need to start strength training. May 1 (tomorrow) I am going to start Plank-a-day and few other 30 day challenges to get me going.




No comments:

Post a Comment