Thursday, August 7, 2014

Happy 8-years-of-being-a-mom to me!

Yes, it is my daughter's 8th birthday. But since she is at camp and I am at work, I sit and celebrate what I did 8 years ago and everything I have accomplished since then.

I started out the day with my first weekday morning run in 3 weeks. I slept like a log last night so I was so freaked out when the alarm went off. I am not used to hearing it! And I always wake up before it. Part of the reason it has been 3 weeks is because the days are rapidly getting shorter, so 5 am now looks very different than 5 am in June. And I just couldn't get out of bed - if I had been, I would see that it was pretty light outside, the light just wasn't making it through our heavy shades.

I wasn't sure what to expect for my run since I am still full of phlegm. And I wasn't expecting the cool temperatures - heaven! We have been pretty spoiled this summer in terms of heat and humidity - not even close to a heat wave.

I ran 3.38 miles - I did well for the first 3 miles, but then started coughing and couldn't recover very easily, so cut short my intended 3.5 mile run.

I need to fix my Garmin - it isn't syncing the data :( But my running has been so slow lately, it isn't like I am very interesting in looking at my splits.

I celebrated at lunch in a more sinful way - an "original" size burrito instead of a small, and a small Nutella milkshake (which I had been dieing to try for a while) - I still went with whole wheat wrap and I could have gotten an "original" size shake, but didn't.

I am loving what I have been doing for ME these last 18 months of running - especially the last 6 months. While I still feel like I don't have enough time to do the things I want to do...and not enough time to do everything with the kids as well. Let's not enough mention time with my husband - poor guy does get 3rd place - there just isn't time! I spent so many years, even before we had kids, not putting myself first, so it is definitely time. When I reach my goal, while i will still want to run on my own and such, I will then focus more on incorporating my kids (and hopefully my husband!) into more physical activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment