Monday, August 4, 2014

Case of the sickies.....

I didn't run on Thursday morning - I didn't really have an excuse. The less sunlight at 5 am is definitely being problematic. I was mad because that would mean that I ended July with only 38 miles run. So close to 40!!

Then I hoped to get 2-3 miles in when I got home from work, but I had a call into the vet for results of a biopsy done on one of the cat's noses. I didn't give my cell phone number because I didn't really want to hear mid-run that my cat had cancer. I had to wait 2 hours for her to call me back - by that time I caved and had greek yogurt with fruit and granola. But by 7:30, when we got fairly good news - it is a tumor but not cancer and as long as it doesn't continue to grow, then we are okay. So I decided to get my miles in them and ran 3.14 as part of a Virtual 5K I was doing.

But after I got back I started to feel awful - My allergies had been bothering me all week, but there was just phlegm everywhere!

I had Friday off anyways, as a nice Me day. I did get some stuff done, but no where near what I expected because I wasn't feeling well. I slept like crud on Thursday and Friday night. I also was having weird dreams about my race on Saturday.

I couldn't cancel on my friends - we were doing the R.O.C. Race - (ROC = Ridiculous Obstacle Challenge). It is a lot of inflatables. Our heat was at 8:00, over an hour away from me, so I was up and out of the house at 6:15. It starting sprinkling just as I got to the parking lot, and full on raining once we started - they allowed us to start early because we were ready.

The race was in the parking lots across the street from Gillette Stadium, where the New England Patriots play. We used to have season tickets (in the height of their hay-day - which was great). It was so much fun to run through parking lots where I spent years drinking and gaining weight. I would have have imagined 10 years ago that I would be exercising again. So glad I am!

 A few of the obstacles purposefully knock you down (think the show Wipe Out) and after taking a digger on one, I chose to not do 2 of the other ones because I didn't want to risk getting hurt and having it affect my 1/2 training. With the pouring rain, the risk of getting hurt was higher. I am a little disappointed in myself, but I will get over it! It wasn't like they were obstacles to challenge you being in shape.

The rest of the day was spent in bed - not because the race was hard, because I was sick. Of course I had to cancel on my planned 6.22 mile run on Sunday morning - I was so mad! I was so looking forward to challenging myself since I never run 2 days in a row.

I managed to get some stuff done on Sunday, but no where near what I had hoped for.

We ended the night with our annual trip to The Melting Pot. Wow expensive - my dad couldn't make it, so we ended up paying for my soon-to-be-8-year-old to have an adult meal. We think next year we'll skip the meat course and just do cheese, salad and chocolate.

The scale wasn't too bad yesterday morning, but was atrocious today!

No comments:

Post a Comment