Monday, September 11, 2017

3-Day Refresh Fail - sort of

As I wrote at 11:30 on Friday, my morning at the time was going slow and I wasn't able to eat/drink everything in as much of a timely fashion as I would have liked.

I was fine with the breakfast shake, because that is what I am used to. The "Digestive Sweep" you are supposed to drink fast and I didn't so I couldn't get it all down.

I was fine with my lunch shake (albeit late) and had carrots and hummus, and had more carrots and hummus as my afternoon snack.

When it came to having my dinner shake and then have a salad, I just couldn't do it. The dinner shake you aren't allowed any fruit it it. And when I opened the fridge, the leftover Asian peanut noodles/stir fry veggies and steak were calling my name. So I had a normal dinner. A small dinner because there weren't a ton of leftovers, but not the dinner I was supposed to.

Saturday was going to be crazy - I had the shake before soccer game #1, I drank the "Digestive Sweep" quickly in the late morning and that was okay. But we were going to be gone from 12:45 until 5:30. Leftover mac and cheese looked a whole lot better (with more carrots and hummus). And I was okay the rest of the afternoon. I drank lots of water during more sporting events. And then in the afternoon I also decided that I wasn't really following this thing, so I COULD go running in the morning (you aren't supposed to exercise during the 3 days because you really haven't had enough calories). So I had leftover spaghetti for dinner.

And Sunday, despite not having slept overly well, I got up at 6:30 and drove to my beautiful rail trail and ran 4 very, very slow miles (the nice thing about only running 4 miles is I didn't have to eat much first, so I didn't have to wait an hour before running). But I ran the whole thing without stopping. And it was glorious. Cool (around 51) and humidity around 75%.

I still ate pretty well the rest of the day - didn't go crazy. We were on a tight budget this week, so the catch-up grocery shopping I needed to do had to be less than $50 so that didn't allow for any extras! I didn't have a few WW cheese sticks about 15 minutes before dinner because I was getting famished and dinner wasn't ready as quickly as I would have liked.

So how did the weight do - Sunday morning I was at 224.8 - so excited to be under 225, but this morning was back up to 225.6.

But I am going to try really hard this week. I want to be at least 224 when I walk into Weight Watchers on Saturday. Back to Weight Watchers - a topic for another day!

1 comment: