Monday, September 18, 2017

Weight Watchers Do Not Happen

It had nothing to do with me not wanting to face the scale, it had everything to do with this.


A little history: 5 years ago we go into a fender bender as we were moving - it wasn't our fault, but we didn't have the time or desire to deal with it - the damage appeared minimal and superficial. Over time we thought it may have been more, one of the symptoms being the tire would lose air and every couple of weeks I need to put more air in. One day I needed to put air in 2 days in a row -instead of dragging a 3 year old and 6 year old to the tire place (my husband was away) I went to my parents summer place as planned and woke up with a flat tire. My dad and I changed the flat and I drove into town and ended up with 4 expensive tires (my car was 5 years old at the time, so definitely due for new tires).

Then 3 years went by and the same tire started losing air again. So in my mind I have thought it was the rim - I've been putting air in the tire for 2 years now! Sometimes it is months, in the winter when I was parked outside when our basement was getting done, it could have been once a week. I put air in last Sunday, which was the first time since we came back from vacation. And Thursday the light came on. Friday I worked from home so didn't need to drive until me and the kids were in a hurry to do errands Friday night. I backed out of the garage and I knew it didn't feel right.

My husband had plans that evening but thankfully hadn't left work yet. I needed him to run to a store to get a mouthguard for my daughter and then come home so we could mold the mouthguard and make her field hockey game. We were also desperately in need of grocery shopping, so we went after her game, then ran to AC Moore at 8:30 pm because she needed items for a homework project.

Despite the fact that we are planning to buy me a new car this winter, I knew I needed 4 tires (a mechanic this summer had told me so) so I made an appointment for 8:30 the next morning. My husband had changed my tire but said the spare was flat, but he was able to pump it up with a bicycle tire. He looked at it every hour until 1 am when he went to bed and it was holding air.

I got up at 6:30 to go to WW and went to check on my car and the spare was flat. We had a ton of errands to run before noon because we were tapped out busy for the rest of the weekend. So my husband called AAA - luckily the tire place is just 4 miles from my house so no extra charge. And $600 later (that is with the cheapest tires) I have 4 new tires.

Through all of this I continued to eat well - Friday I was stressed as heck but thought I would make it to my meeting, so continued with my normal Friday WW eating. And Saturday was great. Sunday...Not so much. But that is a different post.








1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, any kind of car issue makes a busy schedule hard to stick to. It's been so long since I had to be mom taxi, I've almost forgotten how hectic it is.

    Stick to the eating plan, results will come.

    ReplyDelete