Sunday, June 10, 2018

Sunday hike

I did a great job of tracking on Saturday, even though I went completely over daily and weekly (not good when your week starts on a Saturday) - We had a soccer party for my son and it is amazing how easy it is to rack up points with 2 pieces of cheese pizza and a piece of cake (the app had the piece of cake as 23 points!)

Sunday we finally had a free day and our last full day together, all 4 of us, for a long time. So we decided on a hike (okay, me and my husband decided on a hike - the almost-12 year old was less than pleased). It was a beautiful day - low 70s, low humidity. It was a new hike for us, and was beautiful.



He's enjoying the views - we could see all the way to Boston



I am trying to take pictures together on all our hikes - hoping that my next year I will look very different!



I didn't want to bring my real camera, but was having fun with my phone












This site always makes me happy - 4 Camel Baks hanging in my favorite part of our finished basement.


Eating wasn't great, but not horrible yesterday.
I had Greek yogurt with blueberries and a little granola for breakfast.
On the hike, I made a trail mix of pumpkin seeds, unsalted whole almonds, beef jerky, and dark chocolate.
We stopped at an ice cream/restaurant for lunch - I had grilled cheese on wheat (not white), coleslaw (not fries) and didn't order ice cream, but neither of my kids could finish there's, so I did.
We were going to grill for dinner, but we were all tired and had things to do to get ready for Monday, so I just made some pasta and we will grill tonight.

Monday, Monday, Monday. I work 3 days this week (2 in the office) and 2 days next week (both in the office) - the kids officially have 9 days of school but they aren't going 1 day. We are just hobbling and limping along until the end - which is why I always take a break at the end of school to recharge for the 8 weeks of camp before vacation.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. My weekend starts on Friday which gives me the weekend fre to play around if I go out to dinner or to a party. That gives me the rest of the week to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hike looked gorgeous!!!!! And kudos to you for purposefully working to take pictures on your hikes to document your upcoming weight loss!!!!

    I think my boyfriend is getting a camelbak for his birthday...I’ll probably grab one for me at the same time...long overdue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hike. It's nice that the whole family was there.

    ReplyDelete