Friday, April 5, 2019

The week that wasn't is coming to a close

I am pleasantly surprised that the week has flown by so quickly. Work has been completely overwhelming, so not a lot of good has happened on the healthy living front.

Tuesday I got in 1 walk at work before all heck broke lose. I ended up buying my lunch (chicken salad wrap, Coke, macaroni salad). Snacks at home were grazing about, and I really didn't want to cook anything (or eat the taco salad I had prepared) so I had my husband pick up a pizza and a salad on his way home from my daughter's softball practice (and we didn't eat until almost 7:30).

Wednesday I just didn't have the desire to work out. I hadn't gone to bed until 10:30 and my calves still weren't feeling fantastic, so I stayed in bed. I worked from home but got zero walks in - work just didn't allow for it. "Lunch" was grazing between 11:00 and 1:00 - Peanut butter crackers, potato chips, dried fruit. No actual afternoon snack and dinner was pasta with meat sauce and cheese, salad and dressing and 1 piece of garlic bread.

Thursday I actually did get up. Since it was Thursday I wanted to do cardio but wasn't feeling the bike, so decided to do the Total Body Cardio Fix. Felt great! Eating Thursday was pretty good. I dropped my daughter at soccer practice and ran to go grocery shopping. Much better than sitting in my car during practice!


Friday I got up again. I did Upper Fix which was kind of a mistake as my arms were already a little tired from the Total Body Cardio Fix, but I can definitely feel myself getting stronger. I can do more push ups (on my knees) and longer forearm planks (again on my knees) each week.


My weight was 223.4 this morning, so up 2 lbs since Saturday. We will see if I can drop that at all by tomorrow. But I am still expecting a gain tomorrow, but I will still go to my meeting! It is the last one before my trip. I was hoping I could get in a 4 mile run on Saturday so Sunday would be free, but the day is looking pretty full so I will probably run on the bike trail Sunday morning and they may try to get in a walk in the woods to practice with my new camera (well not new to me - I am switching from my Canon's to my dad's Nikons).

Here is hoping I can be strong today!

1 comment:

  1. You did have some victories in there! Celebrate the positive, review the negatives and then put it in the past and look forward into the future! You’ve got this! Kudos for going to the meeting! I always went and weighed, I wanted to see the full picture, even the bad weeks!

    Just out of curiosity...why the switch from canon to Nikon? I am a canon girl...but sometimes wished I had started with Nikon because it seems the lenses are cheaper. (Course thatbis probably the ‘grass is greener on the other side’ mentality).

    ReplyDelete