Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Overdue update

It's been a long 5 days. My husband has been gone on business so I've been solo mom. I am beyond thrilled that he will be back when I get home, but it is a start to a long, long spring.

I am going to try to remember my weekend. I started a new journal yesterday so I don't have  my weekend log here at work.

What I do have is that on Saturday my weight was 221.4!!!! Down 3 pounds in a week (thank you end of TOM!). Even though I had manually re-set my weight at WW, the receptionist (or whatever they are now called with the re-vamped WW) didn't acknowledge my 5%. But then again, maybe they don't do that anymore (But I think they must since I got charms for 5 lb and 10 lb).

After WW I did an Upper Fix work out after having not done anything the 2 days prior. Saturday was pretty busy around the house getting stuff finalized for our trip and then a trip to Dick's Sporting Goods to get my daughter stuff for spring sports. Eating was pretty good - dinner was spaghetti with a homemade caprese sauce. We watched National Treasure to get ready for our historical trip.

I was beyond excited to try out my new trail shoes on Sunday and get in my 4 miles. Even though I have not been about time lately, it was still hard to see the 14:27 average. The run was mentally tough because it was 2 loops plus some to get to the 4.0 miles. Next time I'll just run the 2 loops which is a 5K. I don't plan on running it every week because it definitely took a toll on my body.

The rest of Sunday was busy, busy, busy with 3 commitments in the afternoon/evening plus trying to get stuff ready for the week (including getting the house picked up for the house cleaners). One of our commitments was a friend's birthday party - I enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine, not the healthiest food, and ice cream and cake.

I worked from home on Monday. Originally I was planning on getting up and doing yoga but my calves hurt so badly and the weekend was so hectic that I really needed the extra rest. I was so busy during the day that I didn't get in any extra steps. I got into the Dark Chocolate bits I had bought but threw the rest out in the trash. My daughter did make homemade Tollhouse Cookies in the afternoon so my dinner included 3-4 of them. They are my favorite food on the planet. Thankfully she took the majority of them to school and I came into the office today to get away from them (and the housecleaners!)

Working out didn't happen again today - my calves are just so tight (and I didn't get to bed until 10:30 because I was out taking kids to and from sports practices from 4:30-8:00).

But I am hoping to get back at it in the morning. But for today I am going to try to get in some walks here at the office.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the loss!!! Focus on that and keep that momentum going!

    Meanwhile, I am always so proud of you every time you write that you threw away the food that is ‘getting you’! I think ‘kudos’ each time I read it and never remember to say it!!!!

    ReplyDelete