Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Reluctantly dressed for Weight Watchers

The scale was completely out of control this morning: 186.6. But I still put on one of my honeymoon dresses, because today is Weight Watchers At Work Day. I will get on the scale - I will not take a "pass" on being weighed though I will tell them not to tell me....because I know.

But I do need to nip this in the butt NOW!!!! The scale needs to go down. TOM is over, so this is the "skinniest" part of my month.

Monday we went to the Red Sox game and had a glorious dinner of a hot dog and a pretzel. Could have been worse. I could have had beer, soda or lemonade,  but I had water. I could have had popcorn, cotton candy, or ice cream instead. I could have had leftover ice cream when I got home, but I didn't.

Yesterday I ate my normal food for a second day in a row! Yeah!!! My husband made dinner - ravioli with turkey meatballs, salad, garlic bread, and we had another round of his birthday cake with ice cream and homemade chocolate sauce. But the remainders went in the trash. There was enough cake, ice cream and chocolate sauce for 1 person to have a pretty big helping. Afraid it might have been me that was tempted, I threw it all away.

I will say that we are going to the Melting Pot on Sunday to celebrate my daughter's 8th birthday with my parents. It is becoming an annual event - One I splurge on. But that is 1 meal, 5 days from now. No reason to eat healthy between now and then.

I didn't get up to run yesterday - I was tired from going to bed late, and I was dehydrated from my salty "dinner", and my legs were still tired from my long run. I am hoping to get out tomorrow and I am hoping to get out the next 2 weeks since I won't have as long runs. I think the real long runs are just tuckering me out, and causing me to not want to run and not eating well because I am tired. It is these types of behaviour that make me nervous to be training for this half marathon. I don't want to lose what I have accomplished just for a race.

I did get up and do my strength training this morning. It was hard to get up, but I did it! And I am so glad I did. And I did do the 15 minutes on the bike trainer that I skipped last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment