Monday, January 11, 2016

1 week down, 3 to go!

January is by far my least favorite month of the year - I hate, hate, hate it. I love Ground Hog day because I can celebrate winter being 1/2 over, but last year we were in for a rude awakening. We celebrated, but the snow and the cold just kept coming in February. And the cold lasted into mid-April. But this year I will still celebrate even if February and March are god-awful weather.

Another reason to celebrate, especially for us morning runners, even though the shortest day of the year was 3 weeks ago, the sunrise has not been getting earlier until now!!!!

Friday I ate fairly well even though I was home. I went grocery shopping and bought healthy food. I had a flaxseed wrap with coleslaw (no dressing), chicken, buffalo sauce and blue cheese for dinner.

Saturday -
I went to Weight Watchers. 209.8.
I came home and started figuring out the new SmartPoints for all my favorite foods
I ate well all day until date night where I had 3 large beers and a ton of yummy, bad-for-you appetizers

Sunday
I continued with figuring out WW points before going to my mom's to work on cleaning out the house.
I had to bring my own lunch and I had healthy foods, though my mom did have some chocolate chip cookies - I needed the sugar with all the work we were doing.
I make Chicken A La King for dinner and only had 1 Pillsbury biscuit, with no butter


I didn't get a run in over the weekend - it was pouring rain on Sunday and I will no longer run on Saturdays over going to WW. I haven't run in a week and I am itching. I am extremely tired today because I couldn't fall asleep until 1:00 and still slept awfully, but I may get up early and run in the morning. Yesterday was almost 60, the next 10 days will be in the 30s. Hello Winter.

Here is to having a good week!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dang Pesky Winter. I'm with you....hate hate hate. Ground hog day is a HOPE of good things to come (namely WARM weather!)

    ReplyDelete