Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

Back to work and back to school. The school nurse called about my son before the school bell had even rung! He had fallen on the stairs on his way to his classroom - he must have been excited because he was running on the stairs!

It feels good to be back in the routine, though I could have used another week home...by myself :)

I worked from home last Wednesday and Thursday. We had house guests from Wednesday until Saturday. We had fun staying in on Thursday night and then I ran my annual New Year's Day 5K on Friday. My time was slowest (35:00) in a long time, but I hadn't run in 3 weeks and I ate lots of crap on Thursday night. And me and my daughter had the house to ourselves after the race, so I took down the rest of the Christmas decorations. The only thing left to put away are the kid's actual Christmas gifts.

I went to Weight Watchers on Saturday. I even weighed in - I've decided I am going to weigh in each time, even if it is ugly, and it was. But I can own it, even if I continued to eat badly on Saturday and Sunday. But now all the junk is gone (no, I didn't eat it all! I did throw quite a bit away.)

Saturday I was an organizing machine. I wish I could have kept up that momentum on Sunday, but after running 5 miles in the morning, I was pretty much a slug on the couch for the rest of the day and it felt great!

So not everything is done that I wanted to get done, but what I needed to do in order for all of us to be ready for school and work were done. And back we go. Only 101 days until we leave for vacation!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy new years and welcome back to the routine!

    When I was a regular weight watcher attendee, I was firm in that I would weigh in each week. It was ugly sometimes, but my view was if I didn't see the ugly the one week, they I couldn't celebrate in the glory the following week!

    ReplyDelete