Tuesday, May 28, 2019

What I’ve been up to

Since it has been almost a week....

Wednesday I set out for my 3 mile flat run, where the last time I had done it I had negative splits. As soon as I started running the garbage truck was following me so I ended up playing a cat & mouse game (I was trying to stay in front of it because it was so loud) so my first mile was 11:30 (was too fast) so then I was having many negative thoughts my last 2 miles so my run pretty much sucked.


Friday I ended up taking off because it was my 20 year anniversary at work. Instead of running on the rail trail I  decided to bike....20 miles!


Then I drove up to Plum Island and stopped several places to walk to beach and the nature preserve - it was very windy but 70 degrees. Perfect weather!



When I got home we went out for Mexican food across the street from where my office was 20 years ago. Yummy!
Saturday was spent doing housework and prepping for a BBQ we were hosting on Sunday evening. I had enough sunshine on Friday so despite the perfect weather, I did not leave the house, but was very productive (originally we had plans on Saturday to hike but my body and mind were not feeling it Saturday morning - I hoped to sleep in but still was up at 6:00)
With everything ready for the party, I convinced 2 of the 3 other people to hike a ski mountain an hour away - a closer and shorter hike than we had planned for Saturday.


 The party Sunday evening was fun - I didn't take any pictures as I was being playing host. Since we won't all be together for the 4th of July we celebrated very early!

Finally I blew these things up (it took forever!) and the kids loved them!


Monday my 4th grader was playing his trumpet in our town's Memorial Day parade. The day was perfect! And then the rest of the day was spent doing typical Sunday afternoon stuff (food prep, cleaning the house, getting ready for the week).

The kids have 12 more days of school so the count down is on!


And finally, I got up and did Upper Fix this morning. My plans for the next 4 weeks is another post because I have got to get back on the band wagon. Yes I've been running, but that is pretty much it.



Happy Tuesday, which is always better than Happy Monday!






1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous way to celebrate your 20 mile work anniversary! Kudos to you! You are rockin’ the exercise!!!

    ReplyDelete