Saturday, April 23, 2011

An amazing dream!

After I was done with my early-morning work stuff, I had the luxury of going back to sleep from 6-9:30. During which I had an amazing dream. I had a dream I was running a cross-country 1/2 marathon. By cross-country I mean in the woods/off the beaten path. Not a 1/2 marathon on a course with thousands of other people - no thank you! But it was also a scavenger hunt in you didn't know where you were going next - you would run from point A to point B, then be told where to go next. The only thing was in the dream I didn't have a Garmin so I didn't actually know how far I was going! (I wonder if this has anything to do with me 1) getting a car GPS for the first time this week and 2) wondering if I should get a Garmin so if I were to take walks/runs I'd know where/how far I was going. Though I think I can use my iphone for that - need to look.

But the best part of the dream was at the start of the race where it was straight up a mountain - all the other women who were runners, not hikers like I used to be, took off too fast and very quickly starting walking, while I paced myself straight up the mountain. It goes back to how amazing I felt training to hike Mt Rainier and how amazing I felt hiking the mountain. Hiking and other things are how I've gotten my runners high in the past. Part of me definitely wishers I could be a runner or wanted to be a runner, but it doesn't seem to be my thing and my body has not taken to running in the past. I can strap a 40 lb pack on my back and hike 10 miles, but putting on running shoes and running 1 mile. My knees have said - no thank you!

I want to get moving - I really do. I've got to do it, I've got to do it, I've got to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment