Monday, February 24, 2014

A good Monday

For the last week of February and the weather for the next 7+ days is going to feel like mid-January, the day was okay!


The kids were well behaved in the morning which always sets the tone for a good day. We started instituting an allowance with my daughter again, so she was eager to please! (We'll see how long that lasts). I ran into the grocery store on the way to work to get Israeli couscous for dinner - I wasn't sure the grocery store I pass on my way home has it, and hitting the grocery store on the way home is always a ticket for disaster.


I cut up my Lean Cuisine pizza to make it 8 points instead of 10 points - I can't remember the last time I did that!


My husband was texting me all day with what he was eating and when, so it was nice to be accountable to someone through out the day.


But we all know that the workday is not my weak point. 5 pm - 7 pm is the hardest.


I had decided ahead of time not to cook the full 2 packages of chicken apple sausage. I cooked 6 out the 8 links - I think next time we can just go with 1 package. This is one of our favorite meals but the kids don't care for it, so I am okay with occasionally making the kids a separate meal.


I made 1.5 times the recipe of couscous, but 1/3 cup cooked is 4 points so that is all I took so we had a ton of leftovers. Again, next time, just 1x the recipe.


I drank water and did chores while cooking dinner - no munching. A successful dinner time, a successful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment