Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weekly Weigh-in #12

Starting Weight (12/1/2012): 232.2
Last Week: 196.0
Current Weight: 198.0
Change Since Last Week: +2.0
Total Change: -34.2
Height: 5'6"
Goal: 149


The +2 wasn't from "normal" Friday eating.


Thursday we had yet another snow day, so stress of the kids being cooped up and me and my husband trying to work so we couldn't really spend time with them. Being a working parent can suck sometimes! So there was stress eating, boredom eating, eating because we made homemade cupcakes!


At work on Friday my group had a lunch meeting so pizza was brought in. Really yummy, yummy pizza - pizza I have missed now that we aren't getting take-out pizza every week. So I had 4 slices. Yep, 4. Alebeit thin slices.


In the afternoon we got word that my daughter's first indoor soccer on Saturday was cancelled because it is in a bubble and with all the snow and rain, they were worried it could break so they had to have the snow manually removed. At that point I decided Weight Watchers wasn't going to happen. It would be my only Saturday I could sleep in in the next 4-5 months (yep, months!). So I made a decision....and enjoyed a nice Valentine's Day dinner with my family...which brought me to +2 on Saturday morning.


By sleeping in, I mean 8:30 (instead of 6:20 which is when I get up to go to 7 am WW (and when I wake up during the week). Knowing that it was going to snow yet again on Saturday, I decided to get in a run when I woke up.


Getting to the road was treacherous. My driveway is very long and was completely covered in ice. There is too much snow to walk on the sides. So I slid my way down, knowing, hoping that there was dry pavement on the road. And there was! I wasn't planning on trying to run a fast 5K knowing that I would have to be dodging real ice and black ice. So I didn't even look at my Garmin that much. Fairly quickly into the run I decided I wanted to go more than 5K. I wanted to venture out of my neighborhood (which is scary because the roads are very narrow and windy). It is just a short distance to another small neighborhood. All and all I ran 3.75 miles in 44 something.


So the increasing of the mileage begins again. Slowly I hope. When I've been getting my runs in the last several weekends, I definitely feel a little plantar fasciitis for a few days. I get worried it will get worse. But I want to get beyond 3.14 miles! I dream about when the bike trail will be thawed out (no time soon with the amount of snow we keep getting....granted, it is only February 16th!).


Last night I made a calendar and tried to predict how many miles I wanted to run in my long runs. My plan is to work my way back up to 6 miles by the end of April and do 10 distance for a couple of months, trying to go faster. And then come the end of June start increasing my miles. I foresee that I could get myself up to 1/2 marathon distance by the end of the summer, but I really don't see running an actual 1/2 marathon race. Part of it is because I can't get the rest of the mileage in during the week. I can get in 3-5 miles. I can go the track and do intervals. I can find a hill (maybe! We do have a reservoir down the street that you have a hill to climb to get up to it) to do hill training. But I just don't have the time to do more than an hour during the week. Mornings is when I need to train - I don't do well in the heat so trying to do it after work wouldn't happen, plus I want to enjoy the time with my family.


So that is the plan....Not sure how it will pan out. But I am dying for the snow it go away so I can start running more. But I am pretty proud of myself for getting out there yesterday despite the ice.


March 3 is my running anniversary. The day I started C25K for the second time last year. I did so well up until August when me and my friend were no longer running every weekend because she was training for the 1/2. I did get a couple of long runs in during the fall, the last and longest being 7 miles in November (yesterdays run was the first time I ran more than 3.14 miles since November 23rd!). I wish I had run more last fall. But it was what it was.



No comments:

Post a Comment