Friday, February 21, 2014

Struggling....

It is not secret that I've been losing and re-gaining the same 3 lbs since Thanksgiving. It is like my body refuses to let the scale say "194.8" But then again, I haven't really been trying either. My evening/making dinner eating has really been out of control, which continues my quote of 'I gained all my weight between 5 and 7 pm"

This has been a weird week because it was vacation week for my daughter. My husband had Monday off and then took Tuesday - Thursday off, and I took today off. I can't wait until next year when both the kids are on the same schedule, because my son is off when the schedule is off (we leave him in daycare, though usually pick him up early).

For 2 years I have been wanting to do this 3 part race - 3 miles, 4 miles, 5 miles. My son has a birthday party to go to on Sunday, a party I want to attend since it is in our old town, so I assumed I couldn't do the race. But Sunday I realized the race is a 1:00 and the party is 10-11:30. So I totally signed up for the whole series. I was going do 4 miles this weekend anyways, so I am okay doing 3 this weekend and 4 next weekend. I am a little nervous about the 5 miles, but I will muster my way through.

Early morning rising didn't happen this week either - late-night Olympic watching and my husband not needing to get up in the morning make it difficult....But I did work out 2 nights! One night the family was watching Star Wars at 7 pm and I didn't feel like watching it so decided to work out - I ran 1 mile on the treadmill and biked for 15-20 minutes. The next night they were out at a high school hockey game and wouldn't be home until 7-7:30. I was famished, my husband had bought tons of junk food that was taunting me. There was leftover turkey meatballs and pasta, so I ate right away and told them to go eat after. And then later on I did a 2 mile run on the treadmill. Better than nothing!

Me and my daughter signed up for a Color Run in May - I had hoped to get in a 3 mile walk with her today but it is pouring. We bought her an ipod Shuffle so she can listen to music while we train. We both are also going to sign up for a Disney 5K while we are on our trip.

I am excited to go to my meeting this weekend. I hated that I missed it last weekend...though sleeping in felt good!

I don't have high hopes for tomorrow. Last night I went out for a work function - I didn't drink any alcohol, but the food was amazing. The scale was out of control this morning (the food was very salty). The thought of weighing in tomorrow is the only thing that is keeping me in line today - the junk food bought earlier this week is taunting me!



No comments:

Post a Comment