Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Mid-week check in

Today has been a horrible day foodwise (and isn't over yet!) We had a lunch presentation which I was a presenter - they brought in pizza and soda. Probably because I was nervous, I had 2 pieces and a soda before.....and then 2 pieces and a soda after. And now we are all going out for a going away party for a co-worker - drinks and appetizers. I probably won't have drinks, but appetizers - yes!

I wasn't very successful with my holding out for a 7:15 dinner on Monday - I held out for a while, but got hungry and munchy.

Yesterday I was trying to clean out some stuff in the pantry so had a "no cook" Thanksgiving dinner - canned cranberry sauce, Stove Top stuffing, pre-made mashed potatoes, cooked turkey, green beans with Funions, and then apple pie and ice cream. All this on a Tuesday night. Not good.

BUT I got up and worked out this morning. I woke up without an alarm around 5:10 and was wide awake because I had fallen asleep at 9:30 (probably from the turkey!). I knew I had NO excuse to not get up. I fumbled around for clothes. I walked on the treadmill for 5 minutes and then ran for 5 minutes - my legs really weren't feeling good yet, so I got on the bike for 10 minutes and then did a little bit of lifting and core wore. Just enough to dip back into it.

The weather report for Sunday is still in the 80s, but low humidity so I think I am back to thinking I will run my race....even though the thought of doing 7 miles in the shade of the bike path sounds really nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment