Friday, September 5, 2014

Searching for the new normal....

It has been a different week - My son started Kindergarten this week, so a change to our drop off routine. We are having work done on our driveway so we can't park there - how I miss our garage! It has been so humid that the windows are fogged each morning. Now it looks like we are going to be changing the bus my daughter takes (and she only started taking the bus this year - she used to do Before School care) which will be good because it will get me to work earlier.

I was in pain most of the week from my 10 mile run. I must not have stretched out my quads enough because stairs and sitting down were hard!

Running during the week continues to allude me which makes me nervous for my 1/2 in a little over 4 weeks! I know that doing just 1 long run on the weekends is not good! But then again, my only goal is to finish....  But I have got to do something!

Tomorrow I have the Diva Dash - I am not particularly looking forward to it, but I am going to make the most of it and relish in how much better I feel physically than last year. I saw I won't do it again next year, because it really does interrupt things - both 1/2 training and I am missing the 1st soccer game of the year for the 2nd year in a row.

I tell myself I am going to do 10 miles on Sunday - thankfully it will be much cooler and not humid. I am not sure how I will feel, but I will try my best.

I feel like a true runner now that I got a box of 24 Salted Caramel GU delivered :)

Yesterday I brought my lunch to work, i.e I made something versus just throwing in a Lean Cuisine pizza. But I didn't make it the night before thus didn't measure anything so i know it was more than 10 points. So if I am going to make, I HAVE to do it the night before so I can track the points.

I really want to get back into losing weight. It has been 2 months since I first saw 182.2 and I haven't gone below that since then (okay, 1 or 2 random days I did see 181.8). The scale this morning was 182.8. I need to lose 3 pounds! I so badly want to see 179, but I haven't been trying. I need to try! I don't want to wait another 4 weeks until the 1/2 is over to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment