Friday, October 3, 2014

It is what it is.....

My first 1/2 is in 2 days, I am not sure how my toes will fair, I've been eating myself out of house and home and I've gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks. It is what it is.

Sunday I ran/walked our town's 5k with my 8 year old. It was very hard for me not to be racing, or even running the whole thing, but it wasn't about me. I am so glad I didn't sign up for the 1/2 Marathon - It was hot and it didn't start until 10:00 - There were only 222 people who finished and looking at the results, I would have been one of the last ones. Much better to do a race with a much bigger field!

My toes have continued to bother me - not only were they raw and sensitive, because of the pain I have not been walking much, but when I do, I've been walking on the outside of my feet, screwing up my muscles and joints. Fun times.....

They have made vast improvements in the last 2 days, though I haven't put on shoes and socks yet. But I am hoping by Sunday they will be tolerable.

I am not even worrying about the scale right now.  Yes, it has said some pretty frightening things this week - like 8 lbs up! But I will deal with that after the race. Yes, I plan on having a lot of pasta the next couple of days and I will be having some celebratory food on Sunday, but then it will  be right back on track, even with TOM coming next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment