Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Deck is cleared.....

Next to my treadmill was a big pile of baby stuff that I needed to get rid of. Back in the spring, when I had a brief 2 week jaunt of working out, looking at that pile was a distraction because all I could think of was a big To Do list of getting rid of it.

A month ago, when I started walking again, I decided to take the pile and put it in the middle of my basement for 2 reasons: 1) As a reminder I had to get rid of it and 2) Blocking all other means of working out other than the treadmill so I could start more slowly and get into the swing of things, instead of jumping to the bike or the Step on Day 2. Doing this would have probably resulted in me hurting myself and also not getting used to the idea of getting up at the crack of dawn to work out.

A month later the pile is gone and I think I am getting ready to mix it up with my work outs. I will continue to walk on the treadmill, maybe in 3-4 days a week, but the other day I'll do something different. I have a lot of choose from: Bike with 2 videos, Step with 2 videos, various Richard Simmons videos, kick boxing videos. And Jillian's 30 Day Shred is on it's way.

I am going to make sure I don't overdue it, because I would hate to have to stop working out. Watching The Biggest Loser last night, I cringed at how much they were jumping on their huge bodies - My knees just hurt watching them.

In addition to different kinds of cardio, I can not wait to pick up a hand-weight. I miss lifting weights. I miss being strong! Paddling a canoe a month ago gave me such a high! I can't wait to be at that high place again.

No comments:

Post a Comment